Action-mode is when the camera is focused on the core subject matter of the session while you speak over your actions with simple instructions.
Now your filming equipment is set up, you can frame up your action zone for filming action-mode shots. Here’s how to frame up your action zone with the suggested equipment:
- Open your phone’s camera once you have it mounted in a position pointing to the area where you’ll be doing most of the action for this session.
- Place anything you will be using in the first step of your session so that it’s in the frame and your learner will be able to see the actions you take in the step.
- Point the lights you are using at the zone and make sure the main subject of your shot is well lit.
A few things to remember:
- Imagine that you’re speaking to just one person – guide your learner through each step, rather than presenting to an audience.
- Speak to and instruct your learner over each clip as you do something rather than explaining what you’re about to do upfront.
- Keep it simple, and aim to deliver only 1-2 instructions at a time.