Make sure you have all your equipment set up and tested. This will include:
- Camera/phone mount
- Lighting setup
- List of what you’ll need to teach (stationary, equipment, tools, ingredients, whatever it may be!)
- Description sheet for each step
- Remember to hold the bottom of the phone/camera tripod element so that it gives learners that face-to-face video call feel.
- Remember to speak as enthusiastically and clearly as you can, but also remember the power of editing. If you can get your selfie-mode clips shot in one take, that’s great, but don’t do takes over and over if you can do them in smaller cuts easier.
Still photography area
- Set up background
- Ensure the area’s well lit/you have access to additional lighting in that area