Outline below are a few terms that we use across our Steppit platform.
- Courses are your big idea, it is what your topic is all about. Each course is broken up into smaller sessions and units.
- Units are groups of sessions. You could group your sessions into Units to help organise your course, or so that when students are enrolled on your course, they unlock each unit of your course week-by-week. Think of these as the chapters of your book.
- Sessions are lessons – the building blocks of your course – made up of videos and other media. Sessions have a nested step by step structure which include:
- Steps - Groups of bits.
- Bits - Video clips, audio clips, images or plain text.
- Classes are what your followers are a part of. You can encourage, connect and chat with them as they post photos of their progress.
- Spaces are the placements on your cohorts. Once you create your branded channel, you can then sell spaces for your course in either small classes or one big community.
- Channels are like your own mini landing page on Steppt. This is where you can customise the page with your own brand colours and logo. You can also write your own About page, include the schedule for your upcoming cohorts, a list of all your courses, link your website and any socials and share your free sessions! At the top of your channel, you’ll have your own personalised Steppit handle which you can share with your followers.
- Course landing page - This is where all the information about your course will sit. Share information about the course and what your followers will expect. This is also where you can outline the course units and curriculum. Lastly, we’ve introduced a classes section which shows a timeline of all the upcoming dates for your course.